Saturday 16 May 2020

A first fight...

Bade relaxed on his settee in the living room. He's trying to keep cool since this place seems well ventilated. The heat these days is becoming unbearable. It seems the radiation from all over the planet is directed at his bedroom, in fact every room sparing his much larger living room. 
Presently, he heard some voices threatening downstairs. He thought, They must have been well fed to still have the strength to shout this much. They're adding heat to this already inexhaustible one. What's their problem again?
The voices again, this time, louder. 
"He's my front tooth! You deal with him carefully! Don't uproot him from me!" cried the woman whose only son was beaten by a neighbour.
"Will your son go about destroying things and not be halted? He has been on this act for a while and I've remained mute. I can't anymore! Not anymore!" The response.
"What if he does that? Can't you report him to me or caution him severely?"
"I've had enough of that! It's time to deal with him and I'll go on!"
"Oh! You can't! Not when I'm around at least. Not even if I go out and am told at my return. You dare not!"
"Oh! You're just ranting! You can do nothing. I will give you more than your desire! You don't dare me."
"Dare you? Were it not for my hubby who's been holding me back, I would have shown you the lot I'm made of, you this useless woman!"
"It's you and your husband that are shameless together with your son! Shameless lot!"
"Slut? You called me slut? God punish you there!" She advanced, then stopped abruptly. Remembering something. Am I a slut? Why respond to her when I'm not one.
"I don't have time for your insults today. You know you can't handle me if I start wih you. You know how tough it was separating us the last time I fought your stupid friend here. Beware of my anger. Beware!" She warned frantically waving her index.
"Come closer and I'll give you fire for fire, bone to bone and flesh to flesh. We'll see who'll bend for who! Aw! Come!"
"Again? A whore? You dare call me a whore? I've had enough of you. I need to shut your trap!" She thundered towards her opponent and aimed at her head with her fists, but it was blocked. Another one from the left. Dodged. They embraced tightly. Struggling to break free and deal a deadly blow, they were already panting.
Bade seems to have been fully convinced that there's a fight, got up hastily from the chair, missed a step and staggered forward almost knocking his head on the centre table. Then, he sat again. He decided against going to check on the fighters. Let them fight on. I can't kill myself.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe the heat stirred the fight again, and it became louder this time 😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very possible. Heated brains...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fight added to the heat
    Noise also causes heat it own

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fight added to the heat
    Noise also causes heat it own

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm... It seems noise, heat and fight are siblings then; or belong to different generations where one begets the other.

    ReplyDelete